What vehicles have a 42RLE transmission?
Jeep Wrangler 42RLE Automatic Transmission is also called the Chrysler 42RLE, A606 or Ultradrive. Not only for Wrangler, it is also used in Liberty, Jeep JK Wranglers (2007 to 2013), TJ/TJL Wranglers (2003 to 2006), dodge charger, challenger, and ram 1500.
What is the difference between a 45RFE and a 42RLE?
The 42RLE is a 4-speed overdrive automatic transmission. … The 45RFE is a 4-speed overdrive automatic transmission, with an alternative 2nd gear ratio for downshifting. The 45RFE was replaced in mid-April 2003 by the 42RLE in the 2003.5+ Liberty. The 545RFE is a 5-speed overdrive automatic transmission.
What kind of transmission do I have?
Open the driver’s side door and find the white card on the side of the door that is filled with small black lettering. This card contains specific details about the year the car was made, its transmission, engine specifications and other details. Underneath or beside the “TR” symbol will be a number code.
What is 42RLE transmission?
42RLE. The 42LE was modified in 2003 as the 42RLE, originally for the then-new Jeep Liberty. It is a 42LE transaxle, modified for use in rear-wheel drive vehicles by removing the integral differential and transfer chain. Power flow exits the rear of the transmission.
How many gears does a 42RLE have?
The 42RLE is an automatic, 4-speed transmission that is manufactured by the Chrysler Corporation. The 42RLE is a modified version of the 42LE, which was changed in 2003.
Can I tell what transmission I have by the Vin?
Why can’t I determine the transmission type for my VIN? … Unfortunately, this is not required by the NHTSA VIN standard. Some OEMs still use the same 10-digit VIN patterns for automatic and manual transmission vehicles, meaning that VIN alone will not be enough to determine the vehicle’s transmission type.
How do I know what transmission I have in my Jeep?
The transmission in a Jeep is identified by an identification plate. This plate is stamped on the housing of the transmission and the location can vary, depending on the model year of your Jeep. The numbers on the identification plate provide the build date, part number and the build date.
How can I tell what transmission is in my Jeep Liberty?
Locate the plate.
- Lay on the ground on either side of the Jeep.
- Slide under the Jeep to the transmission which is bolted to the motor. Look for a metal plate attached to the transmission. The transmission number is located on the plate. It is the only number on the plate. EX. 42RE.
What vehicles have a 42RE transmission?
How Do I Order?
- 1989-2003 Dodge Dakota.
- 1998-2000 Dodge Durango.
- 1989-2001 Dodge Ram pickup 150 / 1500.
- 1989-2003 Dodge Ram Van B150 / B250.
- 1993-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
- 1996-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2 V8.
What vehicles have a 4R70W transmission?
Cars that used the 4R70W transmission include:
- Ford F-150 Series pick-up trucks, E-150 Series vans, Expeditions, Explorers, Crown Victorias, Thunderbirds, and Mustangs.
- Lincoln Town Cars and Mark VIIIs.
- Mercury Grand Marquis, Cougars, Mountaineers and Marauders.
Where is the transmission serial number located?
Transmission serial numbers can be found on the Transmission data plate. The serial number of an Allison transmission may be located on the transmission data plate. This can be located on the side of the transmission.
How much power can a 42RLE handle?
This version of 42RLE is used on all 3.5L equipped Chargers. In terms of power handling. It can handle a upper safe limit up to around 310RWHP!!
How do I identify my Chrysler transmission?
How do I Identify Chrysler Transmissions?
- Determine if the transmission is an automatic or a manual, also known as a standard transmission.
- Go underneath the vehicle to access the transmission. …
- Count the number of bolts and view the transmission pan shape on the automatic transmission.
What transmission does a 2005 Dodge Dakota have?
Third generation (2005–2011)
|Engine||3.7 L (226 cu in) Magnum V6 4.7 L (287 cu in) Magnum V8|
|Transmission||4-speed 42RLE automatic 5-speed 545RFE automatic 6-speed Getrag 238 manual|
|Wheelbase||131.3 in (3,335 mm)|